The Liebster Award is one that is passed on from blogger to blogger and is meant for smaller blogs. There are no judges, no scoring, you just answer the questions and nominate some of you favorite small bloggers to participate! The Liebster Award is also a method to also discover new smaller blogs to follow.
I did some research to see where the award originated, and it seems it’s been around since 2010, but I can’t find the original post. Either way, it’s a great way to find new small bloggers (the rule is under 200 followers, but how in the world are you supposed to figure that one out)?
The 11 questions Becca wants me to answer
- Are you a morning person or a night person? I used to say night, but since I’ve transitioned my schedule to allow for morning workouts, I’m more of a morning person. I hate getting up, but love getting stuff done early in the day. It’s nice to have everything accomplished by early afternoon.
- If you could make any type of burrito, what would you put on it? Cheese. And it would be filled with cheese too. With a side of cheese.
- If you could have any job what would it be? You know, that’s a good question. My dream job has always been to do something I love while making a difference and also making enough money to live comfortably.
- What is your dream vacation? When’s the last time I vacationed without a race? Maybe something without a race… except that I really love races. Basically, I think I would love some sort of relaxing retreat, spa style.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? People who always have to one up you. So annoying!
- Dog person or cat person? Both? I have cats, but that’s only because I can’t afford a dog.
- What is the one dessert that you will always indulge in if you have the opportunity to eat it? Real vanilla ice cream.
- What is the best book that you have read recently? Oooh, a perfect time to promote a friend! My friend Caela just got her first YA novel published. Me, Him, Them, and It. It’s not my usual genre, but within a few chapters, I was sucked in.
- What was your favorite childhood toy? I had a Cabbage Patch Doll named Kit Cora. I wonder what happened to her.
- Desktop computer or laptop? Laptop. I don’t do well being tied down.
- What is your favorite color? Either blue or emerald green.
And here are Everyday Girl’s 10 questions
- What is your favorite book or movie? Mary Poppins for the movie. Choosing a favorite book is hard. Probably A Wrinkle in Time.
- Do your friends and family know you blog or are you anonymous? I’m not anonymous, but I don’t think many of my family members read my blog. I know my friends do.
- Where would you like to be in 5 years time? I have no idea. Happy and healthy, I guess.
- What is your favorite blog? Come on, that’s like asking a mom to pick her favorite child. It can’t be done.
- Name one thing you have always been good at? Music
- What do you do to relieve stress? Running helps, as does a long hot bath with a movie on the computer.
- What is your favorite color? Blue or Emerald Green
- Do you have a bucket list? Nope. What I want to do with my life changes pretty regularly, so things that I thought I wanted to do are things I no longer do.
- If you could describe one word to describe yourself, what would it be? Cheerful
- Do you have a favorite quote, what is it? “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
11 Random Facts About Me
- I have a slight obsession with post-apocalyptic novels, particularly of the young adult variety.
- I used to want to be a professional musician. Then I realized I wanted to be able to support myself.
- I have sung the national anthem at large sporting events.
- I have a tea cabinet that has gotten a bit ridiculous in its variety.
11 Questions For My Nominees
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Tell me about your dream pet.
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What was the best gift you ever received?
- What three books would you take to a desert island?
- In addition to those books, what five things would you take to a desert island?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Do you have any weird hobbies?
- What got you started blogging?
- Sweet or savory?
My 11 Nominees!
Like I said, I don’t know if these all fit the “under 200 followers” rule, but I like these people and wanted to share them with you! Trying to highlight people I’ve not highlighted before. In no particular order: