Happy Friday! We’ve made it! Monday was a holiday, and the weekend was perfect, but for some reason, we still attempted to cram five days of work into the four workdays in the week. Needless to say, I’m so glad it’s Friday. I had a couple of topics rolling around in my head for today’s post, but couldn’t decide on any one in particular, so here are five unrelated things. Because I can.
1. Yesterday, I booked my next big trip! Well, my sister booked it. In August, 2018, we’re doing a Disney Cruise to Northern Europe! I’m super excited to go, and also super grateful that the cruise doesn’t have to be paid off for over a year, because I still haven’t figured out how to grow money on trees. Of course, a few of the ports are places that I’ve been before (which is funny, considering I’ve been very few places in Europe), but it’s also been around 15 years, so it will be great to go back.
2. In an attempt to read more “random” books, since I no longer regularly peruse a bookstore (so sad), I signed up for Book of the Month (referral link). I love subscription boxes but didn’t like the idea of just getting any random book every month, so BOTM is perfect. It only costs $9.99, and on the first of every month, you login and are offered five book options. You can read the blurbs and why they were picked for the box. Then you can choose your book (or you can opt to purchase multiple books, all for $9.99 each). AND you can skip a month if you don’t like any of the selections. I’m only on my first month, but am totally engrossed by the book I chose. I had to force myself to stop reading last night. (I won’t recommend til I finish – because reading a great book only to loathe the ending is the worst. But I have high hopes.)
3. I am still loving my Instant Pot. I have to admit, I’m not cooking “meals” in it, or really even anything that I would consider recipes, but it’s awesome as I’m prepping my lunches for the week. Super fast sweet potatoes, hard boiled eggs, and easy main dishes by throwing in chicken breasts and a jar of salsa. At some point, I will actually cook a recipe in it (chicken and salsa doesn’t really count), but so far it’s definitely helping me eat better.
4. My plans to do more crafty things have… not been going all that well. Maybe I’ll rectify that this weekend.
5. Last weekend, I built my cats a litterbox. (Does that count as crafting?) By “built,” I mean I cut a door in a Rubbermaid box. I followed these instructions, but I don’t put the lid on because that never goes well with my cats. I’m hoping it helps contain… things… a bit better. If not, I’m not out a ton of money, so that’s a plus. So far, so good.
Ending on that note just goes to show how much I’m a crazy cat lady I’m becoming. Might as well embrace reality, right?