You know I love the holidays. So this year, I’m participating in the Holiday Giveaway Hop hosted by Runaway Bridal Planner and Tutus and Tennies. I’ve been slowly collecting a few of my favorite things to giveaway, and what better time than the holiday season. I’m so thankful for everyone who has been reading and it’s nice to be able to give something back!
What’s a Giveaway Hop? Well, basically a whole group of bloggers are doing giveaways during November 23rd and December 6th. Each blogger has his or her giveaway going, so be sure to check out all of the other sites to see what awesome gifts have been put together. You can follow the hop at the bottom of the page.
So what can you win here? A gift pack of a few of my favorite things!
- A pair of Heart and Courage compression socks from Coeur Sports
- A really great portable meal container (I use mine all the time) that comes with its own fork and knife. I like to use it to put together a salad for lunch (just keep the dressing on the side, or it gets all over the utensils)
- A WTF wine glass. Because who among us hasn’t had that thought while running
- A package of mocha MealEnders. I’ve been stocking these up for the holidays.
- A tube of Nuun. I’ve been having major leg cramp issues while at the pool lately and until someone said “Hey, have you tried electrolytes?” I couldn’t figure it out. Don’t forget – you sweat in the water too.
- A pink Sparkly Soul headband. These are my FAVORITE headbands. The only ones that don’t move and don’t give me a headache
- A 13.1 Beecause Charm. Wear it to celebrate your halfs or motivate you on your way to your first!
- (not pictured) As many SunRype bars as this Ambassador can shove into the shipping box!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Guess what I did this weekend? Well, if you follow me on social media, you already know. That’s right, it was Christmas Tree weekend in the Elbowglitter household.
I know, a lot of people are firm believers that trees should not go up until after Thanksgiving. I get it. But I’ve also discovered that with my race/travel/choir schedule, if I don’t put it up right around Veterans Day, it doesn’t happen.
And that makes me sad.
My little helper
It also makes the cats sad, because Cadu believes that the tree exists solely for him to sleep under and gnaw on occasionally. No, it’s not a real tree. Yes, he still feels the need to chew on it.
I’ve been accused of going overboard on Christmas, and anyone who says that is crazy. I only have one tree (plus two mini ornament trees). But I do like Christmas. I love the lights and the greenery. And I love collecting ornaments. When I travel, I try to pick up an ornament from that location. I think ornaments make great souvenirs because they’re small and easy to transport, and instead of getting shoved on a shelf somewhere, they get packed away and brought out once a year. To put them on the tree, they have to get handled, and it’s a chance to remember where you got the ornament and what you were doing during that time.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
So I don’t care if you think it’s too early for Christmas. My tree is up and I love it. And I am not looking forward to taking it down in January.
This is is how the holidays should be spent.
(As kids, we always wanted the dogs to sit on the couch with us but it was very much against the rules. My parents have gotten lax with the rules as they have aged.)
I finished all of my holiday gift wrapping and now I can’t wait to see the gifts opened. As a kid, I looked forward to receiving, but now I am super excited to see my gifts to others opened. It is fun how priorities change.
I am also trying to get in my workouts. It is not going well. But as soon as someone gets home, I am headed out on a run. They left me alone again without the ability to lock up the house. I may have to circle the town to get my distance. I don’t understand how people marathon train here.
There’s a meme going around today with an image of Arlington National Cemetery with the caption “Just in case you thought it was National Barbecue Day.”
Today is the unofficial start of summer. It’s a day that Americans like to spend outside. I will be outside myself, taking advantage of the long weekend. But at some point today, even if only for a second, take a moment to remember all the fallen soldiers, many of whom died so that you have the freedom to enjoy your day without worries.
Hello, 2014! Nice to see you!
So my 2014 resolutions. I guess I should make them, because everyone does.
One thing I try to do is both resolutions and goals. Resolutions are what I’m going to do to get me to my goals, if that makes sense. It doesn’t? Well, read on, and maybe it will. Or maybe I’m just crazier than I thought. Either is possible.
- Track calories 6 days a week
- Work towards getting 70,000 steps each week
- Continue to stick to my budget plan
- Stick to my training plan
- Try to complete at least one house project a month
- Spend more time crafting
- Cook real recipes more often
- New Half Marathon PR
- New IronGirl Columbia PR
- Get back into my cute work clothes